- Removed all the paneling and saved it for the hallway.
- Stripped paint*, sanded, and finished the paneling that went into the hallway.
- Installed clear fir cabinetry into the laundry with a full-length counter over the washer and dryer. We even included big fir bins for dirty clothes, a nice laundry sink, and fir upper cabinets.
- In the bathroom the kids got a new tub, tile surfaces and a heated floor in front of the vanity.
- Insulated both bedrooms to the max since there was no wall insulation and we blew in ceiling insulation.
- Replaced all bedroom doors with Rogue Valley fir doors which were fit and finished onsite. This kept the doors from harm during transportation.
- Installed new carpet in the bedrooms with slate tile extended in key areas to tie in with the rest of the house.
- Changed out the glass in the windows from single pane to insulated glass.
- Painted all the rooms, even allowing the kids to pick out their own colors.
*No lead was involved because of the age of the paint. We went this route because the owner liked the wood paneling we did earlier and wanted to extend the look in the house. With a lot of effort the end result was gorgeous.
Not all contractors are created equally and at Windsor Construction we pride ourselves on the attention to detail and craftsmanship that comes with the nature of our work. Check out our gallery and see for yourself!