1. Turn it into a guest room. Whether you prefer an atmosphere that is contemporary or rustic, it never hurts to have a spare bedroom for friends and family!
2. Create a complete living space. If your attic is large enough, convert it into a private flat for your parents or in-laws. You can even use the space to generate extra income by renting it out!
3. Build a playroom for the kids. An attic is a fantastic place to let your children’s imaginations run wild! With a little bit of creativity, you can transform your attic into a fun and exciting room for your kiddos to retreat to when they want to play.
4. Fashion the attic into a man cave. What man doesn’t love a space of his own to sneak away to? Furnish a finished attic with a comfortable couch, recliner, pool table, flat screen, and mini bar to create an adult paradise you’ll never want to leave.
5. Design a private office. Your attic can easily be remodeled into a quiet office. Removed from the rest of the house, the attic is a great location for a peaceful study or work space. To maximize the room’s available space, consider building a custom built-in desk.